Seeking a full-time position in interaction design starting summer 2015.
Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY - Expected May 2015
Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering - GPA 3.810 of 4.0
Usability, Web Engineering, HCI 2, Human Factors, Applied Interaction Design, Engineering of Software Subsystems, Project & Process Management, Software Process and Product Quailty, Engineering Management, Human Communication, Vector Imaging, Typography
HONORS AND AWARDS:
RIT Presidential Scholarship, RIT Honors Program Scholarship, Dean’s List 2010-12, Inducted into the National Society of Colligate Scholars Fall 2011
Participated in a study abroad experience in Ireland at the University of Limerick where I took classes in computer science, Irish culture, and literature.
USER EXPERIENCE INTERN - CAMBRIDGE, MA
Did a full analysis of the HubSpot marketing software UI to root out holes. I identified the elements that didn't conform to the internal style guide as well as standard principles of good design. I also created a Sketch 3 version of the style guide to speed up the mock-up process.
CO-OP IN HUMAN FACTORS - BEDFORD, MA
THE MITRE CORPORATION, E542/J85E – OPEN SERVICES 6/13-12/13
Designed and implemented a UI for a personnel recovery system using Ruby, Sinatra, jQuery, Bootstrap, and CouchDB. I created all interaction, the look and feel, and formatting. I crafted a usable, interactive web form from the pieces of the old PDF form the system will replace.
RESEARCH ASSISTANT ON JBRICK FOR iOS - ROCHESTER, NY
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT AT RIT - 8/2012-11/2012
Designed a multi-touch application for children to program Lego Robots on an iPad using a drag-and-drop editor. Focused on graphic and interaction design, not development.
TECHNICAL INTERN - MERRIMACK, NH
FIDELITY INVESTMENTS - 6/2012-8/2012
Researched and designed a UI for a fleet dispatch application for iOS and Android.
RESEARCH ASSISTANT ON JBRICK - ROCHESTER, NY
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT AT RIT - 3/2012-5/2012
Worked on an accessible IDE for NXC and Lego Mindstorms development written in Java. We converted it from SWT to Swing so it would be cross-platform. Focused on making it accessible on OSX and on error handling on the front end.
- Collaborated on a project to build an MVC4 .NET web application that would allow users to check Facebook, chat with their friends, track stocks, and maintain a calendar.
- Worked on a team developing a prototype for a cross-device digital classroom. I did all the graphics for the project, including logos and UI layouts.
- Built an actor-based simulation of airport security in Scala for concurrent systems.
- Built and programmed a LEGO Mindstorms guitar that works similar to a Guitar Hero controller using NXC and ROBOTC along with simple threading techniques.
WOMEN IN COMPUTING (wic.rit.edu)
Events Head (May 2014 - May 2015)
- Plan and run events ranging from casual game nights to tech talks given by students to special college-wide events.
SE HONORS PROGRAM (www.honors.rit.edu/)
Student Coordinator (March 2013 - May 2013)
- Organize bi-monthly events for honors students in the Software Engineering Program to bring them together and create a community.
SOCIETY OF SOFTWARE ENGINEERS (sse.se.rit.edu)
Public Relations Head (March 2012 - December 2012)
- Manage communications with companies, alumni, and the SE Department, schedule events, facilitate student participation for open houses
- Junior Public Relations Head from May 2011 - March 2012
Mentor (September 2011 - May 2012)
- Tutor students in computer science, math, and engineering topics
PEP BAND (www.rit.edu/sg/pepband)
Member - Clarinet Section (September 2003 - Present)
- Play at Football/Basketball (high school) and hockey (college) games
- Frameworks & Libraries: jQuery, Sinatra, Bootstrap, Jekyll
- Developer Tools: Eclipse, Sublime, Vim
- Version Control Systems: Git, Mercurial, SVN
- Other: HTML5, CSS3/Sass/LESS, Design Patterns, Sketch 3, Illustrator, Visio
- Google Code
- *Current Course
An HTML/CSS version of my resume is available on the full desktop version of this site. Click here for a PDF Version.